Monday, February 22, 2010

Low Self-Esteem


What is self-esteem?


It is the opinion you have of yourself.




I had very low self-esteem for many years. I did not like myself. I had a very poor self-image. This was due to negative thoughts, and events in my life. I did not stand up for myself. I believed what others said about me. I let myself drown into a world of sadness and depression. I felt helpless and worthless. I did not smile easily. I avoided people, and pushed anyone close to me away. I was tired all the time. I constantly wondered why I was the way I was. I lied.




"You are the master of your own destiny" -- steve moore




"Make a point of connecting with someone new every day. And reacquaint yourself with anyone you have not spoken to for some time by going through your address book." -- roy sheppard




It took me years of researching and learning to build my self-esteem. Lots of books, and therapy. Yoga and mediatation. Meeting and talking with others who have gone through similar things. Deciding to be happy and not let things get the better of me. Promising to stay healthy and enjoy life. Life is short. We should not waste a moment of it being negative or sad. Things happen that make us unhappy, but we get over them and move on. You are the one person who you have to live with for the rest of your life. Please enjoy the company of yourself. Work a little bit each day on something that you want to change. Eventually things will get better. You will get stronger. Believe in yourself. Use positive affirmations.


Reach out to someone. There are lots of people who can help, if you need some.


Choose to be who you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment